Thursday, May 26, 2011

We could live beside the ocean, leave the fire behind...

We took a little trip to the Santa Monica Pier a couple of weekends ago while our friend Erica (of Lives of Boxes fame) was in town for a work conference. It was incredibly windy, but we walked all along the beach and got some yummy fish tacos at Blue Plate Oysterette.
We passed by The Hotel California. (I'm sure it's not the original or anything, but I had to get a picture...and proceeded to have The Eagles stuck in my head for ages.)
Apparently, it was Falun Dafa Day and a group of Chinese Falun Gong practitioners were having a little festival. These two little girls were so cute, dancing and demonstrating bendy gymanstic feats.
That's just Chris, smiling on the pier. I like.
Finally, Erica had to get to work Monday, so we dropped her off at the conference's hotel in Palos Verdes (not far from my Redondo Beach visit—in fact, I think you can see this general area in my pic). We didn't actually feel too bad for her once we saw the place. Not too shabby, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment