Sunday, May 22, 2011

Catching up: Redondo Beach and local walks

A couple weeks ago, I drove to visit a friend in the Redondo Beach area. Here is the beautiful view we had during our walk along the beach:
I've also been walking around Culver City a bit. These sights are on the way toward our current favorite brunch spot (Cafe Laurent) and the library.

Statue in front of the senior center, called something like "Life's Path" (wish I could remember exactly).

In front of the Veteran's Memorial building, there's a filmstrip sculpture in a little pool, touting Culver City as "The Heart of Screenland." (Our town is very effectively branded; I hope we'll have another post about that soon.)
And, of course, we're right near the glorious Sony Pictures Studios. I suppose we have come to right place for making movies.

1 comment: