Friday, May 6, 2011

Apartment pics: Kitchen

Welcome back, friends. We have some more shots of the apartment for ya!

The kitchen table was a craigslist find. The woman who sold it to us is a former New Yorker who now works at Sony Studios. She gave Chris her card. It felt very "Hollywood". (The 4th chair is currently serving as a desk chair.) Our chalkboard came with us from NYC. We're planning to put up some little shelves around the clock where we can display family photos.
The cream clock (wedding gift from our maid of honor, Jenn) was blending in too much with the beige walls, so we hung it in front of a cloth placemat (NY housewarming gift from our dear friends Erica and Steve). A matching one sits in the center of the table. I love these items and I was so happy to find different ways to use them in the new space. (Free decor solutions are so fun!)
One word for all the New Yorkers out there: dishwasher.
(I feel the microwave deserves a shout-out, too. It's a little scratched, but it has now moved 12 times, if I'm counting right. Nana got it for me at Wal-Mart when I went off to college, and it's still working great.)
Oh, hi, avocado! Looks like we've got some guacamole to make...

2 comments:

  1. It's looking like a real apartment! But I have to say that my favorite feature is still the built-in California cutting board!

    ReplyDelete