Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Great California Cutting Board Mystery

I'm currently showing my writing partner around the Culver City area, looking at potential apartments for him (he's moving to the neighborhood May 1st).

It reminded me to post about a particular 'L.A. weirdness' Beth and I noticed when we were searching for a place: integrated cutting boards. Nearly every place we saw in L.A. had some sort of sliding wooden slat built into its kitchen counters (no wonder Apartment Therapy L.A. has an article about what to do with your built-in board).

I'm trying to figure out why this might be the case -- according to this, I can surmise that maybe a lot of West L.A. buildings were built in the 1970s when built-in cutting boards were all the rage...but I'm not sure. For now it will just have to be another great Cali mystery.





1 comment: