Monday, April 30, 2012

Malibu Creek State Park

This city mouse has officially become a country mouse. We had planned to hike Malibu Creek State Park the weekend before last, but were foiled by grey, overcast skies. So we made it happen this past weekend.

We started at an area called the Rock Pool. It's a neat little swimming hole. Lots of people were jumping into the water from the big rock in the center. 


Chris climbed a rock to see what he could see. (That other guy with the camera was in almost every shot I had.) Next time, we're bringing swimsuits.

Then we kept exploring....



I especially loved the redwood-lined Forest Trail. We even saw a couple of equestrians enjoying this route.

View from our picnic site:

Chris climbed another rock (eventually I followed). This one gave a view of the other side of a dam, as well as a stunning look at the mountains. I didn't climb up with my camera, so hopefully someday Chris will post the shots he got at the top. (Note: There is plenty of actual rock climbing to be done in this park—we saw lots of climbers.)




I'm dead-set on camping here sometime...need to break in the tent we got for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment