Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Great grilled cheese

Happy New Year! I know, I know, we owe you an update about traveling around the world. And it shall come, but the photos must first be culled. In the meantime, you all know I'm a sucker for interesting grilled cheese sandwiches. Here's my latest creation:

-Whole grain bread
-Sharp cheddar cheese (we are currently obsessed with Trader Joe's New Zealand grass-fed cheddar)
-Thinly sliced apple (I used Fuji)
-Dash of allspice
-Dash of cinnamon

Just butter up the bread and prepare like a regular grilled cheese. Mouth-watering goodness.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Keep the grilled cheese ideas coming! I love apples on grilled cheese, but hadn't thought of adding allspice or cinnamon. Crrrrazy!

    Here's one of my fave grilled cheese and soups... http://momsicle.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/easy-winter-meals-giada-roasted-red-pepper-soup/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! I am such a grilled cheese fan. The allspice and cinnamon don't really seem like they should work, but they do. And how!

    ReplyDelete